Thank you to all those parents that managed to attend the information evening. I hope you found it informative & now feel able to support your child with the assessments they are undertaking this term.
As discussed at the meeting, your child’s attendance this term is extremely important. Please think carefully before taking your child out of school. Even though some of the assessments are completed in SAT test week, assessments in writing & science are completed in lessons throughout the whole term. The final teacher assessments will not be completed until Friday 29th June. Thank you for your support with this.
Timetable for SAT test week, Monday 14th May:
- Monday: Reading test
- Wednesday: Maths mental test & Maths paper A
- Thursday: Maths paper B ( calculator)
On these days children are welcome to attend breakfast club ( free of charge!). They can arrive at school from 8.15 onwards on these mornings.
Ways to help your child:
- Encourage your children to do their best but do not put pressure on them.
- Talk to your child about the tests- if they have concerns please encourage them to talk to us.
- Encourage your child to have an early night or two!
- Times tables- important the children can recall facts.
- Mental calculation strategies.
- Spellings- teaching & tests will continue throughout the term so please support your child with these.
Results of SAT tests and teacher assessments are reported to you in your child’s end of year school report.
If you have any further questions please so not hesitate to contact us.
Miss Baker & Mrs Moore